Terry Harvey brings significant experience to Fallon McKinley PLLC. After serving in the United States military Terry obtained his B.A. in Finance from the University of North Texas in 1972. He then began working for Safeco Insurance Company as an adjuster. He rose to an area claims manager before returning to school at Pepperdine University where he obtained his law degree in 1978. After graduation, he returned to Safeco where he served as a trial attorney and senior attorney and handled the training and supervision of trial attorneys and legal staff as well as being involved in litigation matters in numerous state courts. Terry has also served as a Judge Pro Temp and arbitrator in the state of Washington for the past 20 years. Terry retired from Safeco in 2003 and joined Fallon & McKinley soon thereafter. He brings a wealth of knowledge to the firm regarding insurance claims handling and trial advocacy. In addition to advising young attorneys on the intricacy of the law, Terry enjoys baseball, world travel, and the use of his Cantonese language skills.
- Ph.D. in Law, 1978, Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
- B.A. in Finance, 1972, University of Texas North, Denton, Texas
- Certificate in Chinese Cantonese, 1968, The Language Institute, Monterey, California 1964 to 1966, University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois
- California State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court Bar
LEGAL EXPERIENCE / CREDENTIALS
- Fallon McKinley PLLC 2003 to Present Seattle, Washington Civil Trial Attorney
- Safeco Insurance Company 1972 to 2003 Seattle, Washington
- Held various positions within the company including claims adjuster, claims management, trial attorney for 20 years, and a senior attorney for 10 years. Involved in litigation in numerous state courts. Handled training and supervision of trial attorneys and legal staff, teaching and speaking at seminars on various legal topics for both legal and nonlegal personnel.
- United States Military from 1966 to 1970
- Terry Harvey served as Judge and Arbitrator for the State of Washington for 18 years on a volunteer basis.